Ideas for better mileage? First and foremost, hows your driving? I know everyone is the best driver in the world, but the difference between two different drivers in mileage can be vast. Lets assume you know how to squeeze the most from a tank.

Exhaust, probably the biggest improvement i've seen (other than fixing something that wasn't working right) was with exhaust. Headers, 2 1/2" (MINIMUM) or 3" mandrel pipe, X-pipe, high flow mufflers. Theres a LOT there over a stock style system.

Distributor recurve, putting a good tune into the distributor is a nice improvement over the stock tune.

Friction in the driveline, vibrations cost power/mileage, as do improperly inflated tires.

Hotter/better spark, MSD ignition? I haven't done this yet, but from all accounts, this is a nice improvement over stock as well.

Intake, maybe a weird suggestion, but everything improved when i put a Street Dominator on my 440. Went up eight jet sizes and still ended up with better mileage. That stock intake really does suck.

Better carb? Again, i dont know about this first hand (i always use Holleys) but everyone tells me that Thermoquad is magic... IF it works the way its supposed to. I DO know that a Q-jet is superior to a Holley, so i would think a plastic Thermo would be as good or better?

Use the LOWEST stall converter you can get away with....???

Put a serious shift kit in the tranny.

Synthetic fluids from front to back. You'll be out over $100, but this made a seat-o-the-pants difference in my 96 Mustang GT, and those cars already get wicked mileage.

And my personal favorite (after the exhaust)... weight reduction. Put 'er on a diet.