just got an email from gary again, i believe this guy is telling the truth. i also believe these pieces were for real and are original. i am remembering back in 69, i recall seeing a set at a dodge dealership. they look very familiar.
i just got another email and this is what Gary is saying.
ToylD is now saying the dodge boys promo discs didnt have the notches. im wondering why the RR ones had the notches but the dodge ones didnt?

heres the email i got today.

Chris, I finally got a chance to speak with the former owner today. First off, I wanted to say that I did read the subsequent posts on Moparts. The reason I originally contacted you was because your Website was linked and that provided an email contact. Otherwise, I don't see everyone's contact info. I'm now familiar with Steven Juliano's site and collection - very impressive. I'm thinking if he's never seen these or even heard of them, they likely never saw the streets. That doesn't mean they're not authenic, though. The previous owner is a guy in LA about my age (50-ish) who came across as very honest and straightforward. We talked for over an hour and he said those discs were given to him by the service manager at Glendale Dodge around '86-'87. They were clearing out old stock and miscellaneous items that had been gathering dust for years. His home address, the original Fullerton ship-to address, and the Glendale dealership are all right there in the LA area. I know it's not hard proof, but it sure is interesting. I'm told Mopar Collectors Guide has a photo they think might show a car with these discs installed, but it's motion-blurred and they're trying to enhance it. Maybe someone will eventually come forward with more info. The guy who mentioned 'carbon dating' might be on to something. I just hope any Mopar enthusiasts who see the posts will scour their memories, photos, back issues, etc. By the way, the paper they were packaged in was darkened around the edges and at the center holes, matching the discs exactly. I'm attaching a picture of a lighted Chrysler sign the previous owner said he also acquired from a dealership years back. Probably not that unusual, but since he sent it I figured I'd pass it along.

Gary