Originally Posted by cudaman1969
This is some of the info I’m looking for, thanks to all so far. Wanting to know what happens if using the two together, yes I have the rancho shocks plus the adjustable fronts, also no factory rubber bushings in front, lca, uca and strut, very free moving. 9” radials 5.13 gears 4600 dynamic vert low gear 904. Frame tied and cm cage, front to back

That's gonna sing on the top end. My IHRA Stock crate motor combo was maxed out with 4.86 gears, 4400 converter that flashed 49-54 footbraking, depending on weather, and weighing 3,540. Other specs appear the same or very similar.

I think you'll be happier in the long run with a full Cal-Trac set-up. Mixing parts will likely cause a steeper learning curve to adjust and difficulty in optimizing it, even if you use matching leaf springs instead of bias SS versions. Cal-Trac leaf springs will obviously reduce weight and may last longer than SS springs. Less adjustments as springs get old. But I haven't tried Cal-Tracs w/SS springs or know anyone who has.