First the positives, you obviously are a bright and well educated mopar guy, you are motivated in your desire to seek out the ideal/preferred calculated results, and you are asking on target questions.

But, based on past similiar questions on moparts, and those answers already given here, there are always two main schools of thought, big T bars, small sway bars, and soft t bars and big sway bars. Most do seem to agree when used, sway bars are for tuning mainly, and no one has any emperical data to support their conclusions, including the dealers/maunufactures. What you are trying to do on paper is a well beaten path that even for example, VX? still has to resort to 4 post testing and then continue to experiment, and I am sure they have all the same computation skills already discussed here.

Bottom line, no matter what you determine, you will still be forced to either have some adjustability of your sway bar, which will require some design skills, or you will have to swap sway bars to see which fits your road conditions, tire combos, driving style, etc. I would agree that all your effort might give you peace of mind for a starting point, but you never know for sure if you made a correct choice, until you try a larger bar and then a smaller bar to gauge results. Unless you order a custom rear(?) bar, your choices are likely only to be a 3/4", 7/8", or maybe a 1" bar, anyway. For anybody in the states I would say, just buy all 3 and sell the other two on ebay after testing. I am not saying you are wasting your time, but I wonder how much improvement you are really getting when just swapping bars will give proven results for better, or worse?

On another Note, did you see the 1972? Le Mans road racing Charger in the the latest mopar mag? It might have had a couple of interesting solutions, but I think it is more Holman Moody Nascar based. One pic did show rear shocks mounted outboard of rear leaf springs, thought that was odd, but I am sure for some technical reason. Bet that would have been awesome to see run recently, only 400mile? drive for you

Almost forgot, the same road racing charger article states the LCA's are "boxed", something I have little regard for in any car not on a high banked oval running 1.25+" TB, but then I may be wrong

Anyway

Last edited by jcclark; 11/03/06 12:16 AM.