I'm putting a budget 360 together for my 84 shorty truck. Street and stip use no hauling or towing. just a bracket rig and tire burner. Getting tired of the current slant6!

The truck has 3:55's and a sure grip 833 od tranny. The 360 short block is a mid 70's low comp version that will only be treated to a re-ring and bearing.

I'm using a set of ported heads of the same vintage only they have 202 valves in them. Again left over from another project that was upgraded to eddy heads.... I'm going with an edelbrock performer as the truck a/c and it is the only intake I have fits with that.

Here is my real question. I have 3 camshafts left from various other projects all are used but in fine shape with lifters in order.

One is comp cams 268 and another is comp 272.

The wild card is an old purple shaft I once took out of a 340. It has to one of those old 108 centerline cam as we had an issiue with detonation and swappimg it out for a wider centerline cam solved the problem.

Wouldn't this work well in my low comp 360 by building up the cyl pressure? Or would one of the more modern comp cams be a better choice.

This is basically a junk motor with me using up some old parts that are laying around.

Sandy in Nova Scotia formerly drdodge340
68 coronet wagon, 68 formula s 340 fb barracuda-69 super bee-72 aussie charger-72 aussie vh dodge ute
-76 feather duster-76 duster-77 street van
- 98 ram 1500 SS/T-99 ram 1500-13 ram red express truck- 2015 hellcat challenger