I'm finally building a garage and I'm looking at LED lighting. I'm curious what everyone uses/prefers for garage lighting color temperature. My existing garage has 4100k T12 bulbs and the color is white to my eyes when the bulbs are new. However they dim and turn more yellow as they age. I'm finding it difficult to find affordable LED fixtures in 4100k. Most new integrated LED fixtures are 6500k which is way too blue for my liking. I have found a few that advertise as being 5000k. If I already had a bunch of 4' fluorescent fixtures I could easily buy LED replacement bulbs in 4100k but I don't.

Looking online I get more confused than when I started. I think every manufacture has their own idea of what "warm white", "soft white", "bright white" and "daylight" are. One article I read said that 4000-4500k is good for a garage but then said 5000k is the norm for showrooms and when you will be doing detailed work.
The article also said that paint looks the best at 5000ish color temp. I went to the local big box store and had a look at their lighting display. One fixture toggled back and forth between 3000/4000/5000k. The 4000 looks best to me but maybe in an automotive garage setting 5000k would be acceptable. Just curious what everyone prefers. Thanks