I probably went through 10 carburetors last year. I actually wound up buying a Barry Grant Gold Claw and gathered up all the venturi sleeves, throttle plates and boosters, so I can go from a 750 to 1050 and alter between down leg and annular boosters. I got a lot of information for that setup from reading Brad’s post here and over on Speed Talk, again a lot of good info. I do agree with the statement that you really can’t go by the ratings (750,850, etc) it is venturi, throttle plate and booster. I will say also that an AFR gauge is a really nice tuning aid. I am probably going to bail off and get a second one for the other side on mine. Between time slips, AFR readings and plugs you can get a pretty good handle on what’s going on but to Dwayne’s point, is there 30 hp hiding probably not. For me I do want to get the most of out what I have to a point, but in reality if you are racing, consistency and maintenance are more important.

'75 Plymouth Duster
Phase I 451 906/590/2-660 10.75/126
Phase II 451 Stage VI/590/1050 9.82/135
Phase III 383 906/Victor-Pump gas 11.30/119

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,"