Originally Posted by GY3
Originally Posted by abodyjoe
Originally Posted by nutso suave
I’m curious who has a hellcat and what are your impressions? Do you like it as much as you thought you would? I’m looking for a hot rod and the modern muscle is pretty epic. Any drawbacks/surprises?

Thanks in advance.

modern muscle is the way to go. no drawbacks with them. blow classics away in every way.

It just depends on what you are after. Modern Muscle just doesn't excite me. The morbidly obese weight, the overly complicated electronics, the physical size...

I do have an appreciation for their powertrains, though.

The size and weight is one of the best things about them for a car to drive vs a mustang or camaro, they are comfortable to drive. We were in mine for 15 hours straight last weekend and were not tired of driving it. That barcolounger front seat with a/c in it makes it fun to drive a lot. Dodge could have pulled 700 lbs out of them but the car would suck like a camaro. A new corvette is a fantastic light fast car that sucks to drive long distance. The hellcat is one of the faster cars that I fit comfortably in at 6ft-3 265, so my choice is limited. Check the weight of all the Mercedes, Audi hotrod sedans...they are all heavy. Most people do not want to ride in a pop can. I guess in the end if you want a car to drive get a Dodge, you want a track car get something else, if you fit in it.