Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by RSI700VIPER
Update - So I test drove the car today after installing the TF-2 kit and I'm somewhat disappointed. The WOT 2-3 shift is much improved and occurs about 4500 as apposed to about 3300 but the 1-2 shift is l occurring about 2800 rpms but better than the 2500-2600 rpms I was getting before. Also, the kickdown from 3 to 2 lags and takes about 2-3 seconds to downshift. The 2 to 1 downshift is non existent. I check linkage and throttle lever is all the way back against the stop at WOT. Trans shifts tight with no slippage. Bands adjusted per kit specs. What's next, governor weights? line pressure check? New Trans??

2 - 1 downshift should be non existent except for a full stop , downshifting into first moving is a good way to take out the rear sprag with no low band applying, so I believe the kit is working as designed.

Did you check to make sure the throttle valve lever weld underneath was not broken ? What are you using for Throttle vale linkage , stock or aftermarket cable ?

Put a gauge on it and do some checks , do you have a shop manual ?

I did check the weld per your previous post. Linkage is bone stock and correct for this application. I'm not sure what would cause the 2-3 shift to vastly improve after installing kit bit the 1-2 shift is still early at WOT. Coming home from a show yesterday, I was going atbout 30 mph up a hill and punched the throttle. Took almost 3 seconds to kick down into second.

1970 Superbird 440 Six BBL, 4-Speed, Dana, FJ5
1969 Daytona Charger 440 4-Speed, Dana, EV2
1971 340 Challenger Conv. Flemington Speedway Pace Car, FC7
1970 340 Six Pack Callenger T/A 4-speed T8 Tan
1971 340 Challenger RT Formal Roof, EV2 w/ V2 Stripe & Orange Houndstooth
1969 Talladega Torino, 428CJ
1969 Gurney Special Cyclone Spoiler II, 351 Cleveland

"Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" Ben Franklin 1755