Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like said above most of your after market performance manifolds are blocked any way so it would be of no advantage to go through the work to chip it out and risk getting carbon spread through the engine.

Not so! My holley SD, Eddie LD340, LD4B, Offy etc have exhaust crossovers. Your Crosswind, Airgap etc. don't. We are talking about a truck here, not a racecar.

I run with mine blocked off on my 360. It is an aluminum intake. It is OK even down to 2* But that is aluminum! Not iron! Gonna drive in the winter up there in Idaho, and Northern Nevada with an iron intake? Do the job right.

I said most. And I know for a fact that my LD340 is blocked (cast) and has no choke well accommadation. How hard is it to look at the intake and make sure? Also very easy to put an electric choke on and it will help emensly Not perfect by any means but they do work.

I can do that easy enough, thats no issue. i am more worried about the issues I may already caused by drilling out most of the crud. If I am safe, then buying the correct manifold to make it better is no issue. I just dont want to have to replace the engine or get into any major cost factors like doing the heads. But at the same time, its exposed and easy to get to, before I put all newly painted sheet metal around it.

Dave