Casey you enjoyed the last failure. How could you forget working on your back. It had 250 passes, 2015. Besides this time its the converter. Band tab snapped off cause I put it in reverse while rolling about 15-20 mph. At 85 passes I had a look inside the trans. At that time the steel front drum was swapped for aluminum. My friend Paul also milled the sun shell to lighten it as well. I ran the trans 345 passes before a look see. This time I found the stator support rear ring groove worn to a taper. It also wore the rear side of the rear ring. I replaced the support and the rings (steel). The next winter it did the same thing. I talked with several high end builders. The conscious was the ring grooves may not be machined smooth enough. Also it is imperative that you start with a reaction shaft support that is straight and has square grooves. Again Paul to the rescue. He made a lapping stick and lapped the grooves to a fine finish. Have never had another ring/groove issue. So the trans is gutted to clean any metal from the converter. The band shown has over 700 passes. At the last freshen up (2018) the rear frictions were in the front clutch (Alto/Kolene) they were decent but the rear clutch had stock frictions. I slid the old front frictions except one that was slightly dark into the rear clutch. The front clutch recieved fresh frictions. new rings and seals were installed. Along with a rear roller bearing retainer which I will detail later. As you can see all is good. No side wear on the ring. Pressure plate isnt hot. Band, frictions and steels like new. This trans doesn't run a ton of line pressure either. about 125psi.
Doug

20220828_184416.jpg20220828_164050.jpg20220828_164144.jpg20220828_180041.jpg
Last edited by dvw; 08/30/22 06:55 PM.