Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by J_BODY
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by DaveRS23

And one final question, if the Ecodiesel was so superior to the 5.7 gas for towing, why does the manufacturer only have a 900lb difference in capacity between them? That is less than an 8% difference.

Hmm, about half the size diesel engine (3.0L) doing as much work as the larger gas engine (5.7L) with better mileage, I'd say that was superior in regards to the above question.

What part of “turbo” do you not understand…..

What part of diesels having turbos escapes your attention? Can you name one new on the road passenger type diesel that does not come with one?

The point is, as delivered and in response to the specific question asked, the Eco setup is a match for the Hemi and gets better mileage, loaded or unloaded. Your anecdotal experience is irrelevant, no one takes a perfectly running vehicle with no issues to a mechanic to be fixed. So all you see is broke stuff. Not really representative and if you think the Hemi is without it's issues you are just being partisan.

Man I swear the issue at hand was “dependability”….. and I’ll score the HEMI (5.7 or 6.4) higher all day long right now. Honestly I have no dog in this fight. I could start a separate post on what a pos my 01 CTD was in stock form….. or how I feel for those unsuspecting driving around in their 19-20 Cummins with the CP4 pumps (recall is retrofit back to CP3 which is a godsend).

Master shake…. Yes DEF in the fuel does happen unfortunately. Makes a huge mess of things in the Eco or Cummins.