With all the suggestions here, does anyone have a problem with 60lbs by 2,000RPM hot? I don't. That is plenty. With that much pressure at that engine speed, there is most likely a lot of oil being bypassed as the engine speed increases.

Personally, if the OP has any concerns about a hi performance engine having 'only' 15-17lbs hot idle oil pressure, then the best solution would be to limit the time idling. Or blip the throttle regularly when idling. Changing either the oil viscosity or the oil pump will probably get more idle pressure, but will also bring all the oil pressure up sooner and thereby send even more oil through the bypass. Not something that benefits anything. Just drive the car. Make some small changes if you like, but in my humble opinion you don't have a problem.

And I am surprised that there is any discussion about the possibility of running the sump dry with a high volume pump. The drain back issues are well know on these engines and with the wrong combination of pan, pump, oil and RPM, the oil that should be in the pan can be held up top. We've known that for what..............60 years or so? Not a problem on our wedges, but a very real possibility on our Hemis.

Master, again and still