Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
A high pressure pump or spring or shimmed spring will not change the HOT idle pressure. Standard pressure and high pressure pumps will have the same pressure until the lower pressure pumps bypass pressure is reached. Excessive clearance any place the oil goes internally such as bearings, lifters, rockers will lower the idle pressure. If the clearances are causing your issue then a high volume pump(wider rotors) and/or thicker oil may help with idle pressure. The old mopar race manuals used to say minimum oil pressure should be 20psi at idle and then 10 psi per thousand rpm. Some people will disagree with both of those numbers so i'm just throwing them out there as a reference.

According to Wikipedia a top fuel engine starts up cold with 200psi of oil pressure and has 160 to 170psi during the run. YOU DO NOT HAVE A TOP FUEL ENGINE. So you do not need a top fuel oil pump or 50 weight oil.

Your correct, I tried a shim and did not see any increase over the existing 17lbs pressure at 800 idle.

Never had a Mopar idle at 17lbs, gives me the willies, I may try that high volume pump and see if it helps.

Efforts to connect with the guy who built the motor is not getting results.