Originally Posted by 6PakBee

Any idea what failed? I'm not looking to bash Warman but I'm going to be assembling my first Hemi in a year or two and if there are mistakes I can avoid........

No different assembling than any other B/RB engine other than it's unique head/rocker design and crank cap bolting, the only areas I can think of that cause some running issues are to assure proper intake sealing and proper re-torqueing of the intake after some time on the engine, and removing/deleting the spark plug compression washer before installation to avoid tube distortion/oil leaks/burning, there's little quirks here and there on assembly along with newer design/retrofit assy products to improve the HEMI on the market depending on your build.... and like any engine, esp today, proper cam break in is paramount... it's amazing how some have no clue to breaking in a cam, I actually watched one owner "idle" his newly built/installed $30K HEMI for "break in" for 30 minutes while he fiddled with timing, carb adjustments, carrot snapping/etc...would not heed any advice/warnings as he was one of those know it all experts, the cam was wiped and the results were fatal to the engine with no more than 3 hrs total run time.... total tear down/rebuild because of cam trash throughout the engine

MikeG