Part 1-Australian Muscle Parts (AMP) Belt drive cam timing kit.
NOTE: In Part 5 - Build Notes, I changed to a Jesel Belt Drive. So this is just for info. Part 5 - Build Notes link

This belt drive for big block Mopar has some nice features. Similar to the Jesel belt drive, with added features similar to some of the Comp Cams belt drives for GM engines. I like the gloss black coating that is easy to clean and doesn’t stain/deteriorate like uncoated aluminum.

The belt idler pulley beats the Comp Cams design. It has an eccentric center for adjustment, the Comp design has different diameter parts to do adjustment. This feature wraps the belt around the crank pulley better than without it; and minimizes belt flap in operation. The idler is located opposite the drive side (which is pulled tight in operation).

The AMP design comes with encased Torrington style thrust bearings and has no special block machining needed. The Jesel comes with thrust washers, with an optional multi-piece thrust bearing (separate needle bearing part and steel washers to run against) that requires machining the block.

The AMP design allows setting the advance/retard between the marks. This allows 3 degrees or 3.5 degrees instead of just the choice of 2 or 4 degrees. This is similar to the newer Jesel design. The older Jesel design locked at 2 degree intervals.

My only complaint is that it comes with NO installation instructions. I downloaded Jesel and Comp Cams belt drive instructions to guide me (and write my own).

AMP_BeltDrive_3view-15.jpgAMP_BeltDrive_idler_3view.jpgAMP_belt1-crop.jpgAMP_CamBearing_3view-15.jpg
Last edited by 440Jim; 11/16/21 03:49 PM. Reason: Added note & link to Part 5 Jesel change

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1