Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by A12

Just a small part of what needs mowed twice a week........if I miss a mowing I need to borrow a combine to catch back up as the little 322 is huffing and puffing wink

Buy yourself a X750, with a 60" High Cut deck. Won't even slow it down... I have a X748 that I use on my lawn. 2.5 acres of grass to cut, and lots of trees, but it only takes me a hour and a half. My yard is 90% hills, so I love the 4x4, and the diesel uses 1/3 fuel a gasser does. My Dad has a X750, and loves it. Here is my X748 with a 62" deck.

Considered the X7 series but at the most I only gain 12" of mowing and I want to cut down the mowing time as much as possible. Even three hours twice a week is more time than I want to spend after doing 4+ hours for over 30-years with the 322 (been a great mower up) Thought about even getting a bigger series JD with a drive over deck but still the largest deck is 72". The tow behind finishing decks at this point seems to be the best option without upgrading to a $16k+ new John Deere tractor.

Mike

With the X7 series stuff, the blades on the deck spin faster, and allow you to cut at a faster rate as well. I have a coworker that has a JD Diesel Zero Turn. He said he can cut 2' high grass at full speed, and it finishes it off nice. Blade speed is key.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner