Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
The last couple orders from summit and jeg were drop shipped and both said on the invoice.... NO INSURANCE So they seem to think its cheaper to self insure.

Last month Amazon dropped three boxes off on my porch addressed to my neighbor that I took to his back porch.

Many sellers now request the buyer opens asap to address any issues. Heck I got a sketchy package at the post office last week. I opened it there in front of the lady before id even sign for it.

Hope it gets sorted out for you.

I stopped putting a stated value on all my FedEx shipments about 3 years ago, so basically anything is "insured" for $100.00, but that's it. The reason is, if you ship something FedEx & the value is over $100.00, & something gets damaged, they will simply say that the item got damaged because of "improper packaging" & tell you to pound sand - THEY DON'T CARE. Your rep will not be able to do anything for you either. Oh - putting an insured amount costs you $3.00 for every shipment as well, so FedEx gladly gobbles that $$ up. And I'm thinking in the case of an undelivered item like these exhaust tips, FedEx is going to look at the tracking & say it was delivered, even if the driver never delivered it. It's a pretty shady system they have at best.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified