Originally Posted by GODSCOUNTRY340

I bought two quarter panels from Year One because they advertised Made In USA. When they arrived there were stickers that had those words on it. Then I noticed the corner of a sticker under the USA sticker so I carefully removed the USA sticker and there, plain as day was a sticker that had Made in Taiwan ROC (Republic of China). I've never bought from Year One again.

A perfect example of the difficulty of deciding what you consider patriotic vs economically sensible..

Taiwan ROC is NOT China.
Taiwan is an island, and was a province of mainland China, to which Chinese Nationalist forces withdrew after their defeat by Mao's Communist forces.
Taiwan was then protected from attack by mainland China by the US, and remains a US ally to this day.
Taiwan functions as an independent country, but is not a separate member state of the UN, nor viewed as one.
Taiwan is legally not a sovereign state, so..
...Taiwan continues to be CLAIMED by the Communist Chinese mainland as a province of theirs.

Fun stuff to consider as you go down the rabbit hole of the global economy ..

...do you buy from a US ally in support of their freedom and independence from Communist China?
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle