Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
... just bought a used high optioned 12 inch miter saw.... the blade was shot.

I did a search on blades ... I was astonished at price diffs.

TAKE ANY product purchase ... how much more would you pay to support North American jobs ?

YES I’m including those apimp ... north of the border ! xmaseek

I for one do try to buy quality US made products. Especially when a company shifts production overseas to cut costs but charges same prices as before like I have seen with Craftsman and Levi's. Both of these companies lost my business as the quality suffered. You can get quality from China, but it takes a lot of oversite and control of production which is usually done by westerners that cost a company a lot (expats). Add in the rising costs of transportation and now you find that you have to either reduce oversite or further cheapen the product. I buy Texas Jeans now. They seem to be holding up, and come in many styles. At the end of the day I don't think anyone cares about the name on the 2" x 4" leather label on the waist band. As for tools, I focus on US manufactures when I can. Or if I know its a crap shoot with quality I will buy the foreign with the assumption I will replace it later. We have a store near us called "Made in America" that sells only US made items. But they don't stock a lot of stuff so its hit or miss when shopping there.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1