Oh boy, I know the frustration. I run the shipping for my work. Boss WILL NOT use Fed Ex ever again after last year. We sent some inventory to our sister location in the UK. $600 worth of product hung up in Paris, customs would not clear it. Fed Ex calls him and says they are sending it back, freight will be due upon arrival. He says keep it, not paying $1400 shipping for $600 in product. They sent anyway, delivery guy got an earful!

My experience has been that it depends on the individual, some guys actually care, some don't. Talked with our regular UPS guy enough to know what they do every day. People order sectional couches and these guys are expected to haul it up 3 or 4 flights of stairs. The top brass only cares about the profits.

We do make sure things are packed and wrapped well, as the boss agrees with me that it's cheap insurance to spend $$ on packaging than re-sending stuff after taking a call from a pissed off customer.

I also know they are hiring massively because of covid, turnover and the holidays. Seen lots of noobs coming and going lately

"Applause is for mediocraty. Let's all go gather around a Ford Focus and applaud in a circle."-Fired Up