The old saying: One bad apple spoils the whole bushel. Not just a saying the truth. Automotive machine shops catch more flack than our government. It is hard to find a good shop and I feel that goes hand in hand with how our country has turned to lies and dishonesty. That goes with customers as well as shops. We all expect something for nothing. Some guys should not be building their own motors. Example, the machine shop hot tanks a block after all the work is done. How many guys consider that clean and put it together? I would wager 50% to 60% then they blame the machine shop when the bearings get wiped. Then the shops that promise delivery dates. The customer comes in and wants it tomorrow . So the shop says sure, just to get the work. Honesty and integrity will feed your family. I feel the customer is more at fault than the shop in most cases. I have felt for years that most Automotive machine shops do not charge enough. They have to charge more for their work in order to hire top notch workers. Suck it up fellas. If you want to drag race it is going to be expensive. A little kindness and integrity goes a long ways. My rant for the week