Originally Posted by Diplomat360
Originally Posted by madscientist

As a general rule, plenum volume increases help with bottom end power.

Also, if you shape the Victor to the adapter it will work much better. If you just bolt on that adapter the exit losses will best big it will most likely kill power.

Ohhh???

So maybe I'm just confusing the soft "bottom end" idea with slow/lazy part-throttle response due to the combination of single plane and large plenum?

Quite honestly all I have read has always suggested that you do not want an intake with a large plenum on a street vehicle, now maybe this was always part & parcel of a single plane intake and therefore the unfortunate link?

Anyways, OK, good to know this. Regarding the adapter plate, yes absolutely. I am intending to match them, in fact even my Perfomer RPM intake is matched, and that is despite the fact that there is that gaping divider wall on a dual plane. In my case I had actually ground down the wall by about 0.5" and rounded the leading edge, all in hopes of making this air barrier as unobtrusive as possible.

Soft bottom end is usually a converter/gear issue. You could have other issues as well. I've never experienced "soft bottom end" and I haven't ran a dual plane intake on purpose ever. Taken many off, but never start out with one.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston