Hi Everyone!

I'm building a 408 W2 stroker, currently have the Victor W2 2920 intake and figured this should be plenty enough for my combo. This is a 90% street car, so things like hood clearance are far more important than a potential extra flow to net me a 0.10 drop in ET (just an idea to clarifly my goals). The vehicle is my 1980 Dodge Diplomat coupe, 3600 lbs 'race weight', 4k stall (behind the current 360 motor) 9" converter, 4.10 gearing. The 408 stroker is getting a Comp Cams XR292HR hydrualic roller cam but on 112 LSA, that's a 240/248 @ 0.050" setup.

OK, so the intake does have a large plenum already (for a street use I think) and since I want to run my 9800 series Carter TQ carb I really would rather avoid running an adapter due to hood clearance issues. Given the size of the carb pad on that intake it looks like it would easily allow one to shape it to accept the TQ spreadbore setup. Not sure about the impact that will have on the flow characteristics.

I am currently running the adapter on my Performer RPM intake and it works very well in that combo, but that's a much smaller intake, let alone the fact that it's a dual plane as compared to the 2920 being a single plane.

I had previously tried the Holley Strip Domintator and there was a real part-throttle difference between that and the Perfomer RPM intake, which is to be expected. Not a 'day and night' type of a difference, but you could tell there was less bottom-end/throttle response. This experience is driving me against anything that will further increase the plenum size, such as the adapter plate.

Take a look at the attached photos for what made me arrive at that conclusion.

Sooo...is the re-shape to accept a spreadbore a flat-out TERRIBLE idea?

EDELBROCK - Victor W2 - SpreadBore Template - 1.jpgEDELBROCK - Victor W2 - SpreadBore Template - 2.jpg