I called Smith bros & they have oiling orifices of .020/.030/.040 & they suggested I call Hughes to pin down which one I should order & Dave said that he had never heard of this issue (which was disheartening!). I told him that it was an iron 360 block with EQ mag heads & the MP stuff (.104" orifice pushrods/thin guide plates/"sled" rockers) and a Melling hi vol pump (I was assuming). I did notice the feed hole in the 2 lifter sets, one set is way smaller than the other set (I did not measure em). Preoiling with a healthy 1/2 HF drill I get 80 psi in a split second then within another second or so the gauge drops to ~25 ish & is fluttering & the rockers (both) are being FLOODED with oil & he said to take the HV pump out of there & he asked me if I primed it with some grease (which ostensibly might have jammed the bypass closed I'm thinking he is thinking) & I replied no. He said restricting the pushrods wouldn't fix it as the psi would cause a problem elsewhere so I just came in from the garage & pulled the pan & to my dismay it is a Melling m72, not a hi vol... It did have a 1/2 pickup (housing drilled/tapped for that) but that is on the supply side which I wouldn't think would have a bearing on this. I just called him back & he has closed early for Friday so that is where I am at. The gauge said 80 & it is a 5 dollar mechanical cheapie but the rockers are flooding so there is no indication that it ain't right. This is where I am at so far. Any thoughts? WHAT am I missing! EDIT cam is hyd flat tappet MORE EDIT & when the gauge is fluttering at ~25 I can hear the pickup sucking/gurgling. (VC's & intake are off).

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/01/19 09:37 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth