Thank you all again. Quick summary to date:

1. Tires/Rims.
Yes, since he plans keeping the 14" OEM Magnums for street use. The new rims/tires could be dedicated to track use. I'll ask him if that's his thinking. If so, look at 16-17-18", with an eye on whatever disc conversion he is thinking about in future. 255-50-16 are pricey, how about 225-50-16's? I'll ask him to scrutinize his Cooper choice just so he's sure on his decision (maybe the Zeon RS in 225-50-16 for $102/ea?). Tire size: Square. Select rims with good ventilation.

2. Brakes.
Flush DOT 3 out and upgrade to DOT 4. Valvoline synthetic. I have a laser to measure brake temperatures (we also use the laser to adjust tire pressure by measuring temperature spread). He did get brake fade last year. Source upgraded shoe linings from Rochester. Look into steel braided lines and ducting cool air.

3 Suspension.
Front sway from Hotchkis, w polyurethane bushes and HD seats and sleeves. Plan is to leave the OEM rear leafs as is. No rear sway. But we'll 'review w Hotchkis and be clear our goal is a bit more oversteer. Discuss shock recommendations w Hotchkis.

- Alignment? I've never tweaked my Mopars but will search here, see what you guys are operating with. My track car is dropped 30mm front, 1.5 degrees added camber, 2 degrees total toe-in, and little caster. I'm really not tempted to mess with the RR's alignment much (I can't understand those offset cam bolts for our UCA's)... unless I can get two days scheduled w a shop. We'd need to get the new alignment, then road test and back to adjust it as needed. That's cutting it close to track time, and if alignment ain't good he's going to be hating it all day. ..although I'll see what I can find on YouTube to teach me.

4. Shocks.
I'll talk with Hotchkis, see what they recommend to go with their front sway, and whatever we decide for the rear - just the stock rear leafs or add a mild sway.

5. Seats & belts.
His RR has the factory option 3-point harness. He didn't complain last year, but I'm trying to anticipate with more grip he'll stay comfortable. I'll ask him what he thinks. Possible Scrotch harness. Thanks for the idea of the rubber seat pad, we have those wicked grippy pads under some furniture cushions - that should work really well. The other drivers will love this.!

Other:
- Should've mentioned that we are not blinded by improving just the car. Developing driving skill ranks topmost in improving lap times. So, coaching will happen before and during track day.
- Monitor oil pressure. Possible new oil pan for proper pick up.
- Monitor body flex.

Looking down the road I'm not sure where he'll want to draw the line between OEM appearance and racing it. I know the more you make it track car, the less it is useful as a street car. Neither of us have truck & trailer, so driving to and from track limits us to mods that are street legal. Just one of those things.

Cheers,
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle