Originally Posted By Coke
Excuse me for the delay in replying.
This was driving my nuts, so i did prefer to take a break while i was receiving the parts i was waiting for.
Now i got the Stant 10071 cap and the AC delco CV736 pcv valve.The Stant cap comes with two grommets and one of them fits perfect with this valve.The bad point it doesnt seem to be a breather but just a cap for the pcv installation.
I also have installed the correct vacuum advance canister .

There should be a breather on one valve cover and a PCV valve on the other. The pcv valve connects to the carburetor base. The 'breather cap is for a 'closed system' with a hose to the air cleaner base. Or you can use an open breather like in this illustration:
http://www.imperialclub.org/Repair/Lit/Master/154/Page15.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted By Mattax
Its really important the timing curve doesn't start advancing to soon with that cam.
If its 20* at 1000 rpm, 17* at 900 rpm, then it could 16* at 800 and 15* at 700. That would be a reason why it won't run as well at 700 or 800 if for this particular engine combo it needs 17* at idle.

I suppouse this will be with the vacuum advance plugged in?
No vacuum advance!!! My statement quoted above is about mechanical advance starting at an rpm lower than idle rpm.

First establish timing without vacuum advance.
This is true for factory stock as well as modified engines like yours.

Igniting the mixture earlier using vacuum advance is for conditions when the mixture density is low and the flame develops slowly. Idle mixtures need to be moderately rich to be efficient maker of power. 12:1 AFR cold, 12.5 to 13.7 AFR warm depending on the compression, overlap, etc.

The ignition will work fine with even 11-12 Volts.

Last edited by Mattax; 11/01/18 12:07 AM.