Originally Posted By BLACKHEMIRR
If the PCV doesn't fix it for you, I would suggest checking everything that would make it run rich. Make sure the air bleeds are not blocked (they are the 4 very small passages on the front, just under the choke plate). I think the idle air bleeds are the outer 2. Make sure the floats don't have any gas in them, and are adjusted right. Make sure you have the correct gasket between the carb body and the metering block. Not a likely cause, but make sure it doesn't have some crazy sized jets in the front, (should be around a 76) because that could make it idle a little rich. I would definitely put another PV in it too, just to completely rule that out.

Hello,i blew all the cicuits with air pressure when i removed the carb a couple of days ago and i didn,t find a blocked passage.I removed the primaries metering plate to check the PV valve.
Fuel bowls level ok,in the botton of the window,drip a bit of fuel if i shake
the car.
I put a new body gasket that i had stored from a Holley trick kit i bought several years ago.All the holes match.I just had to make another hole for a center pin,cause the body has two and the gasket only had for one.
I found that the throttle body has threads
for eight bolts and i only had six.
I started to imagine horrible things about where the two screws could have gone until i read in the Urich,s book that even having 8 threads,only the earlier models came with 8 screws.
However the two center bolts were in the wrong threads.I put them where it should to go(Taking the book pictures as a guide)and tightened them a bit using an impact screw driver.That solved the vac.leak i had between the plate and the body at the front of the carb.The right side continues leaking a bit(Tested with that smoke machine that Mattax likes whistling)

Both main Jets are 70s.
I know you can change air bleeds in the latest carbs.That is a good improvement.