Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski

So a lower LSA is actually better for the street?

No. Street cars have wide LSA, race cars have narrow LSA. First thing you need to do is figure out if you're building a street car or a race car. If you're building a street car you shouldn't be asking so many questions in the race forum. When you ask questions in the race forum you get answers from racers. Could be part of your confusion.......

That's exactly what I thought, but Mr Cab said the lower LSA would be better for the street. I was thinking "man I know around where I should get for my LSA" then he answered that way and made me rethink. Before, his response I was 100% sure I should get a 110-112 LSA cam anyway. Im only asking in here because it's engine tech specifically too.

You were on the right track before you got derailed. For your type of build I'd go with a cam that is 230's in duration at 050 and 112 LSA. The old Mopar 0.528 solid cam is a good street cam for a stroker big block. It is 236 duration and 112 LSA. Works great on the street and pulls hard to 6000 rpm.

What you are trying to accomplish isn't difficult. The shop I work with has five BB Mopar stroker engines on the floor right now in various stages of assembly. Any one of those engines would work just fine in your car. They are all pump gas strokers with aluminum heads and street cams. They will all make at least 500 hp and one or two might be closer to 550. Building engines like this is routine for some of us.