Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski

So a lower LSA is actually better for the street?

No. Street cars have wide LSA, race cars have narrow LSA. First thing you need to do is figure out if you're building a street car or a race car. If you're building a street car you shouldn't be asking so many questions in the race forum. When you ask questions in the race forum you get answers from racers. Could be part of your confusion.......

That's exactly what I thought, but Mr Cab said the lower LSA would be better for the street. I was thinking "man I know around where I should get for my LSA" then he answered that way and made me rethink. Before, his response I was 100% sure I should get a 110-112 LSA cam anyway. Im only asking in here because it's engine tech specifically too.

108 lsa here installed at about 105 street/strip car, 470 stroker 6.15 at 112+ mph in the 1/8 9.6 in the 1/4 now it's more than you are looking for but PLENTY street-able just check out my video on here titled :How do I post a you tube video on here"...........Another approach I make when picking a cam as I have Isky grind mine, is weight.....heavy car and less powerful motor, less duration, lighter car good power, more duration........This is one of many other factors involved............... thumbs

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....