Originally Posted By Transman
Based on some feedback so far all the stock eliminator cars using merge collectors are wasting their time. Same with all the guys that went from simple belt driven water pumps to electric, dropping the mechanical pump, spool, etc.

Last time I ran an engine on the dyno just going from no collector extension to a longer one picked up 18 lbs. ft.

Sounds like all these “improvements” only lighten up one’s wallet.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Every car i have raced went from stock waterpump and fan setup to electric water pump and fan at some point in its transformation
Every car picked up right around a full tenth. It isnt myth. My brother few years did exactly the same, in fact we made the swaps the same week on both cars we had at the time. He in fact still has that one. We bith went personal bests after the swaps with those cars

Just 3 years ago my 318 equipped 71 Duster( not grandmas 318) ran a best of 11.79. Raced the car several years.
One outing at track took off all the stock belts, pushed the car to the line and went 11.66 with it. Had power steering too. Also unhooked that
I know for a fact because i have done it on multiple cars/ combo’s that electric water pumps and fans pick up ET a good bit over stock. Zero doubt about it.

Last edited by B3422W5; 10/24/18 05:19 AM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8