Originally Posted By CMcAllister
I've been screwing with this stuff for 45 years, and in my imperfect opinion, in many ways this is the best time to be involved.

40 years ago, you had bracket racing and class racing, blown alcohol, Pro Stock and fuel cars, period, and it was all run by NHRA and IHRA with a few differences between the two, classes run, etc.

Today we have NHRA still running the legacy classes at Divisionals and Nationals, which is great. But we also have PDRA, NMCA, NMRA, NSCA, IHRA's bracket deal, regional associations running all kinds of stuff, big dollar bracket races being promoted everywhere, radial stuff, no prep stuff, outlaw stuff, etc, etc. Nitrous, turbos, blowers, radials, tube cars, stock cars, heads up, dot 90, fast brackets, index, diesels, motorcycles, snowmobiles, any kind of vehicle or combination you can think of, you have a place to go race. Years ago most of that stuff would have been TnT material with no real place to go race.

It's not that NHRA is dying. It's more like the sport is very popular with a lot of people participating, but it's become diluted with all of the choices to participate available, where there once were only a few. Looked at as a whole, there's a lot of drag racing happening all over.

I agree fully.