Originally Posted By Roughbird72
Originally Posted By MoparBilly

The truth is...I like people who like CARS! Not people who think they are a tool for them to use to try and prove they are a superior driver to everyone else on the property. So I find myself drawn to Specialty type events: Mopar Races, Nostalgia Races, Street Car races and such.

iagree Kinda how I feel.
I'm a two hour drive from Indy and always looked forward to the Nationals, but haven't been to them in 11 years. I don't even care to watch their national events on tv.

I enjoy going to NMCA, Mopar, muscle car, radial and street car specific races more than NHRA national events. I've also found the racers at smaller events like theses to be more cordial twocents

I know attendance is up at NHRA right now, but like anything else, results are not instant. As Pro Stock circles the drain, as a bunch of people squeal for FSS to replace Pro Stock (which will kill that class as well because the only way to keep things "fair" is to legislate the [censored] out of the cars and make them cookie cutter junk...sound familiar...like the current PS) or use Pro Mod, which will fail because the word is PM doesn't want a 24 race schedule, as the fans are realizing Funny Car is slower than it was 2 years ago, as the track prep continues to produce the results we all knew would happen (the guys with the money will figure out the prep and still whip the guys who can't and it's money that makes that happen)...as all this goes on in a year or two (say by 2021) the NHRA will again be behind the 8 ball.

The NHRA should take the hint and sell off the Sportsman classes and Pro Stock and run a fuel show with jet cars, wheel standers and other circus act [censored] as filler.

Let someone else promote and control the other drag racing.

I'm surprised so many guys will put up with being treated like [censored] to race a car.

That being said, if the No Prep, Duck style and other races as such can get into the biggest tracks, they will put NHRA to shame. If for no other reason that that stuff has the best marketing plan devised. And because it's a much better show.

I love nitro as much as anyone, but I'm a doorslammer guy from birth. I'm bored to death by bracket racing. I don't want to watch a dragster that doesn't burn fuel make a boring pass.

When door cars pull to the water box, I want to KNOW what that car is, not by a sticker on the windshield. And that [censored] better have a hood scoop.

NHRA doesn't see the storm about to land on Glendora. But sure as God made little green apples, it's coming.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston