Last Divisional I raced was 2008, last National that year as well.

After I quit racing them, I would still go watch the Arizona Nationals on Friday.

In 2015, my buddy and I took Friday off of work, went out and were the fifth car in line to get into the spectator gate. We sat there for an hour and a half. Stock had already completely ran, and Super Street was half way through before staff showed up to open the gates and sell tickets. I haven't been back to one since.

That same buddy and I used to get together on Sundays for pizza, and to watch the ESPN broadcast. We watched one broadcast on Fox and threw in the towel, I haven't watched a single NHRA National event broadcast since.

I thought once I gave up the Divsionals and Nationals, I could go back to the local NHRA Summit Series team events and that would be good enough. But everyone at those races are spoiled little babies who expect the local track and track officials to kiss their butts every time they drive through the gate! It's really sickening, and the constant griping and bellyaching sucks all the fun out of it.

The truth is...I like people who like CARS! Not people who think they are a tool for them to use to try and prove they are a superior driver to everyone else on the property. So I find myself drawn to Specialty type events: Mopar Races, Nostalgia Races, Street Car races and such.

I'm still a member, (have to for the license), still thumb through the National Dragster...maybe I'll try it again some day...it's just not as important to me as it one was.

sPxFTXIr-2763065289.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines