With the flexplate removed and measured on the bench I get 0.175" from the crank face to the other face of the flexplate that contacts the converter. 0.265" from the end of the converter pilot to the mounting blocks and 0.400 for from the crank face to the bottom of the hole. .175 + .265 = .440" from the crank face to the end of the pilot which is longer than the .400" depth of the hole so if my math is right, the flexplate is being compressed 0.040" with the converter bottomed out in the hole. Does that make sense? Something wrong or is that how it was designed?

One wing of my flexplate is bent a bit too which isn't helping. It is obviously not original to the motor because it has blue paint on it which doesn't match the red/orange on the engine. I'm pretty sure the motor was from a manual trans car (has the bronze bushing in the end of the crank) and they would have needed an automatic flexplate when they joined the engine to the trans. So, is it possible they got one from the wrong car? It has the offset bolts on the crank.

IMG_1715.JPG
Last edited by gzig5; 10/09/18 02:21 AM.