From everything I can find, there is only the six bolt and eight bolt flex plates so the I've got a standard 6-bolt flex plate for 10" pattern on order from Napa. Hopefully get here in the next two days.
I didn't take any measurements before I removed everything because I wasn't aware of the issue. With just the old flexplate and new converter, it would bottom out in the crank and there would be ~1/16" on either side, left to right. It was too difficult to tell top to bottom. But, I don't know if the L/R rock was on the petal that was bent. The transmission doesn't have any affect on how close to the crank the converter ends up, that is determined by the flex plate, so I will wait until I have the new one before trying again. I'm working by myself so maneuvering the trans onto the jack and up and in is something I hope to make a one time deal.

I'm wondering if I'm not chasing a ghost here, though. The "new" torque converter has a similar pattern on the end of the crank pilot as the old one I removed. As if it was in contact with the crank in its previous life. I think this converter may be rebuilt on a used case?? ProTorque brand.

I'll see if I can find that thread 'Zilla