I did an R134a conversion on my Barracuda (factory AC car), Sanden compressor, multipass condenser, re-sealed the box, tested everything etc.etc.

I also got my hands on one of the nice plastic water valves. I had been running a brass one for many years and it was obscenely difficult to move the lever.

I spotted one of orange and black plastic ones for an E-body and almost choked on the $250 price tag. Same vendor had one for some sort of C-barge (IIRC) that looks identical except for the bracket and pn stenciling. I picked it up for $45 and swapped my bracket on to it.

I get it all hooked up and adjusted per FSM. It is backwards. Hot is cold, cold is hot.

I see two scenarios making this possible. First is the C barge valves operate in reverse from the E body valves (cable extended hot, cable retracted cold) or Second, I have the cable mounted wrong. I do not see how I could mount the cable any other way.

Also, I have a hard time thinking they made the same basic valve that operates in different directions (never say never with Ma Mopar).

Anyone have any idea what gives? If it's that the valves are different, I'll deal wit the inaccurate labeling on the panel. But if there is some cable configuration thing I'm missing, I'd sure like to know what it is.

The FSM is clear on the adjustment at the valve end. But literally silent on the other end of the cable. No exploded view and just a vague statement about attaching the tab on the cable to the switch and attaching the cable to the arm with the lever in the hot position. The FSM is more focused on the Satellite setup than the Barracuda setup.

It also occurs to me that the adjuster cam on the valve might be slightly different and I didn't notice.

Thanks in adv.

Chris