Originally Posted By 383man
Myself I like the MP .557 solid flat tappet cam in mild 440 builds that you want to make good power for what it is. I have run it in a few combo's from 383's to 440's and even a buddy ran it in his 340. I ran the MP .557 in my old 440 which ran nice and had great street manners. It pushed my 63 to an 11.49 in full street trim in a mild 906 headed 440. But I have no idea who makes the MP cams today and how good the quality of them are. I have had good luck breaking in flat tappet cams as I have never wiped a cam. On my last cam I did remove the inner springs and added a bottle of zinc additive along with the cam lube. I use Valvoline VR1 racing oil even when breaking in my cams and have always had good luck never wiping a cam lobe. I got my last cam from Dwayne Porter and you cant go wrong with his cams. Ron

I have cut three WIX filters open at work (A@P Mechanics) since building my new motor with the Comp Cams XE275HL

Guys said I should bee beyond happy with how the filter media looked spread out

They even sent out one of my oil samples like they do with all there piston aircraft

Perfection

Running Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil Silver Bottle

Broke the cam in and pre oiled with Comp Cams 10w30 break in oil

Like I said earlier , other then the sewing machine sound at idle I couldn’t bee happier with this street motor 383/432 Stroker

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies