Originally Posted By polyspheric
where consistency matters anyhow.
Unfortunately true.
In addition to all the other annoying variables (air density, ATF temperature, octane) you have to add intercooler efficiency (what's the actual output temperature?), time to spool, does spark retard kill more power than too rich (for the same degree of anti-knock defense).
When you read that "on a turbo car the tune is worth 500 hp", that's what they're talking about.

Poly you're a smart guy, but man can you come off arrogant sometimes.

First... air density changes effect all cars, not just turbos. My guess is you already know that though.

ATF temp effects all cars... not just turbos. An improperly sized trans cooler on anything is going to suffer repeatability issues.

Explain to me how octane on a turbo car effects repeatability? Any car that doesn't have enough of it N/A or Turbo, is going to detonate and have issues. It's not a "Turbo" thing.

Intercooler efficiency effects power... not consistency. Put a good sized intercooler on it, and you don't have to worry about heat soak. No different then making sure a NA car has the proper sized radiator.

Time to spool is repeatable as hell. It's a mechanical device, there is no magical external unpredictable forces in the world that make it spool fast one time, and slow another. The mass flow from the engine is predictable, and that's what makes the turbo spool. I have HUNDREDS of data logs that prove it.

My boost controller holds the boost within 0.1psi of the targeted curve throughout the run. It will go from 13psi to 20psi in about 0.3sec.

What does spark retard killing more or less power then A/F ratio have to do with bracket racing?

It's like any NA car. You get a good tune in it, and leave it alone when you're bracket racing it. Who would re-jet or move spark around in between rounds at a race?

If we're going to focus on facts...

I have 100's of passes, timeslips, and data logs from a turbo car that I actually bracket race. You're up.

Last edited by dizuster; 07/14/18 06:09 PM.