another thread here:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2477534

I try not to trash the FITech system too much, but I will say you get what you pay for...

The instructions left a little to be desired, but if you have ever worked on a car, there is nothing that you can't figure out, especially with google as your friend. They really did a poor job explaining how to phase the distributor though...
If I wasn't redoing 90% of the car wiring and adding N2O at the same time, the FITech install would have taken 4 hours, tops.

I have a few thousand miles on the FITech, including ~75 passes and Drag Week

The FITech offered a lot of features, but it turns out that they are somewhat too good to be true.
- they originally advertised 9x12 spark and fuel tables...these tables are nowhere to be found (and no longer advertised)
- the software for the laptop is really not user friendly
- data logging is ~4Hz...better than nothing, barely. also quit working inexplicably first time at the track
- tech support is non-existent. the few times I had to call, I got the "back-up" tech guy, who might as well have been a random off the street. The main tech guy argued with me multiple times about an issue I had with the N2O spark retard adding timing instead of retarding timing...
- online support was also scarce (this is going back 2 years ago...) but not many people we running the FITech at the time, so there wasn't much online support presence. And the people who were running it were the ones who replaced their box stock carb that they couldn't tune and wanted a plug and play solution that they wouldn't have to touch...

You do have to drive it a bit to allow the system to learn. And allow it to learn at steady state before screwing with transient fuelling knobs... I ended up making my own VE surfaces based on the learned values.

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater