Welcome to the Lucky SOB club. Coming up on 10 years since my left anterior descending and right coronary arteries hung clots to the tune of 100% and 99% blocked.

The left isn't called The Widowmaker for nothing. You're usually dead before you hit the ground. I was fortunate because my body had grown a secondary circulation path that flowed enough to keep me going until they could put 2 stents in. Got away with minimal damage all things considered. My ejection fraction is now around 48-50%. I was told anything north of 60% is considered normal cardiac function. I was 43% post infarction.

I personally don't think they really have much of a clue what causes plaque to form in arteries. They use a different unit of measurement in Canada for cholesterol and mine was 5.6, which is just over the high normal of 5.4. I had just had a stress test which showed almost no sign of a problem, 2 heartbeats out of however many running WFO on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Not enough to call for an angiogram I was told. Scheduled an appointment 3 months out and the Doc wanted me to be 25 lbs lighter and he wanted to see my cholesterol 4.5 or less. 4 days later I had a heart attack.

Now they want my cholesterol under 2 so they put me on Crestor and in a week it's at 1.8, should be good to go right? Tuned up my diet, eliminated the junk food by 99% and lost about 30 lbs.

Fast forward 7 years and I've put most of the weight back on because while I eat healthier stuff I still eat too much of it and since I went back on the road, the 30 minutes on the treadmill every morning didn't continue. So I'm in for another stress test and zero issues show, my cholesterol is still 1.8 but my new Doc sends me for an angio anyway because my system has demonstrated it doesn't follow the rules. Stent in the left is 95% blocked, The one in the right looks like they just installed it but there is just the beginning of a blockage downstream from it and now my circumflex which had no problem last time is now pushing 90% plugged.

Triple bypass time...

Sorry about the rambling.

Heart Attack, 10 minutes to have one, a lifetime to bore people with the details.

Kevin