If you are using a solid color, as a first time home sprayer, you should just go with a basic single stage (catalyzed) urethane such as Kirker. You don't need a base/clear for a solid color.

I bought Kirker ultra glo urethane "fleet white" via autobodytoolmart, link below. I'm sure you could get the paint and hardener, and reducer, for under 200. I bought two 3/4 gallon containers for my 68 satellite, and have leftover (don't remember how much unfortunately). I was one of the guys who rolled paint on my Dart a long time ago-- I used Topside boat paint, so at least it was shinier, but was bummed at the softness of it.

I was also a first time sprayer with Kirker, and it went well for a first time. Yes I have to do some wetsanding, but I expected to, and it's not the paints fault, so no biggie. It's rock hard within a few hours. I even used some just thinned, no hardener, to paint the trunk jamb and even without catalyst it dried super hard.

If you can still return that rustoleum, I certainly would. That non catalyzed paint is not going to shine or resist scratches like a 2 part paint, the two parts being paint and catalyst.

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/ultra-glo-acrylic-urethane-enamel-paints-c-1453.aspx

13173235_10154203629048035_2597334808064779485_o.jpg