Daytona Turob,

Are we talking about the same paint?? the Rustoleum Oil Based Enamel I rolled on took awhile to fully 'cure', like months, but once it did it was incredibly durable. Have you read the gigantic Tremclad thread here on moparts? I believe it's archived. Tremclad is the Canadian name for the same rustoleum oil based enamel paint. I painted my sisters nova like 4 years ago, and besides dulling a bit, which cleared up with a quick polish, its been the toughest paint Ive ever seen. Not even any rock chips, and she has/had gasoline spills all the time and there's been no effect except a very light and tiny discoloration from the worst area where gas will stream down when gas overflows. You cant dent the paint with a finger nail at all, you gotta press firmly with a key to make a mark ( I tested an inconspicuous area). I also painted my Polara and also a Ram. The only thing I didnt like about the paint was the color selection, I could never master the technique, and I just dislike single stage paint.

Silver70,

are you saying the clear coat dulls/discolors over time? could I just use a different clear coat over the rustoleum base coat?