Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted By Adam71Charger
Daytona Turob,

Are we talking about the same paint?? the Rustoleum Oil Based Enamel I rolled on took awhile to fully 'cure', like months, but once it did it was incredibly durable. Have you read the gigantic Tremclad thread here on moparts? I believe it's archived.

Yes we are talking about the same stuff. I was on the board here when that tread was ongoing. Yes it's durable, compared to spray paint. Still sub-par. I dislike base/clear in general, I have spent too much time fixing peeling clear done by other backyard hacks so for solid colors I stick with single stage and only use base/clear for metallics or repairing existing clear coat. I have found generally that the budget line auto paint systems are reasonably priced these days so that an extra 100 bucks upgrades you out of the hardware store aisle. Bottom line, you have the product and you're going to use it. For the same money you could have got something significantly better, not mention the time and effort that could have been saved.

Im definitely not trying to defend rustoleum just cause I bought it already, I knew it wasnt great, and was prepared for some poor reviews but I didnt know it was as bad as you guys are telling me... Which still doesnt necessarily change my mind about using it. What is sticking in my brain though is that you guys are telling me I could get something of much better quality for similar price. I still have my receipts so if it truly is this terrible I can send it all back.

Do you have any other suggestions for a Dark Black 2 stage kit for around $200-300 total, other than whats been posted already?