Quote:

not looking in the book,average is about 12-16 hours to replace a quarter,as far as the difference between vert and hard top,I couldn't tell you much other than the obvious upper section where quarter glass goes and further where it wraps around towards the bottom corners of rear glass,so probably extra few hours there, in the end it shouldn't be more than 20 hours per side

Ask the guy who is do the job for the first time. That be me. First off I started with a Goodmark skin. The skin has about 2 hours in trimming before you can think about putting it on the car. There is another 2 hours to cut the quarter off. Yes it can be done quicker but this is a solid car that was in an accident and had the wrong year quarter put on. Figure an hour or two of triming to get a good gap before welding. I must of had the quarter on and off the car 50 times for trimming. Then I got the final gap where I felt comfortable welding it on. I spent 2 hours welding and grinding tonight. There's another 2 hour in welding left. That's 10 hours. There's another 4 hours to do finishing mud. Basically a week of nights and a weekend should get it ready. I was quoted $500 by a local resto shop. If I had to do it again I would do it myself. The job justified the price of me buying a welder. Be patient and keep the metal cool. If you get in a rush you will only create more work.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d