In 44 years of racing both on the street and at the strip I have seen a lot of guys come and go. Some guys are always searching for that special trick or gaget to go faster instead of working with what they have. They try this then they try that, selling this to buy that. Worry about cam overlap, dyno trickery, is my oil bad or good. Buy belt drives, vacuum pumps, and fancy timing wheels instead of sticking to track proven distributors on their 9-10-11 second race cars. Hell half that stuff isn’t even needed into the 8 second range. Oh let’s throw a dry sump on it and that will make it really fast. One of our members has tried Old style Hemis, wedges, and now going to gen 3 because we all know that will fix everything. I know some of us enjoy building and tinkering but sooner or later you got to drop the tools, calm down, and go have some dam fun. Most of us will never be the quick kid on the block. Ok I will stop preaching now because I’m kicking around the idea of switching all my cars over to fuel injection so I can start all over and go slower. Have a great weekend

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time