Just to review-
My 526 has ported TF and 337 intake, 260/266 @ 50 cam, 2" headers through a 3" exhaust.I have 3.54s and a 4 speed.

My first time out at 4200 lbs and 28" tires it was almost dead hooking, and bogging the engine.
My 60 was 1.79 and 11.71.

Since talking to some guys on here I did the following

Advanced the 108 ICL cam, it's now in at 101.

Opened the lash to .020

Went to FBO box

Installed jet extensions

Installed a fuel pressure gauge- it was losing fuel pressure, top of 3rd gear was almost 1 psi, even though it didn't seems to nose over

Got some 26" bias ply slicks, huge improvement in SLR and grip

Went to a Carter hemi type FP, it works good when it works, which is about half the time, it just loses pressure off idle or driving normal.

I ordered a FG hood with a Hemi scoop from Sled city, not sure when it will be done, but that will cut about 100 lbs. I would like to try a carb spacer

One thing I noticed, the low end improved dramatically with the cam advance.

I used a larger wheel than originally, the cam was actually installed at 105. I was hesitant to go another 4, but boy was it a good move.

My cranking compression jumped from 175 to 185, engine used to buck at low throttle just cruising around anything under 2000, now 1800 is no problem.

Full throttle it still pulls hard to 7k.

The time slips will tell, but there will be improvement, it pulls harder than before.

Thank you all you guys for your help. Every bit of advise given made the car just a little bit faster.

Last edited by 65Fury440; 02/24/18 03:02 PM.