Originally Posted By 65Fury440
Originally Posted By 68 HEMI GTS
You need some gear with the 4 speed to get it off the line. Are you shifting at 7g? If you are that’s not helping et either. That thing should probably be shifted around 6-6200 with standard port window.

Hello,
I didn't get many runs down but it has TF heads opened up to MW ports with a matched 337 intake.
I wish I knew where the HP/TQ peak was.

Its funny to hear that and I mean it in a nice way. Thats because my brother always used to ask me what I shift at as years ago we raced each others cars. And he would get mad at me sometimes as I told him I dont look at the tach when I shift. We had 4-speed cars when we first started racing. I am just the kind of hotrodder that shifts by the feel of how the car is pulling to me. To me as soon as I feel like its peaking I shift. I shift my 63 the same way as I just dont use the tach much when I shift. And I must get it pretty good as I ran 10.76 three passes in a row before and never looked at the tach when shifting. My brother always uses the tach when he shifts but back when we had 340 four speed cars I was always faster then him in the stick cars shifting by how the eng feels. I dont know why but I have always felt I can jump in any car and with just a few passes know about where it feels right to shift. I am sure other hotrodders must feel the same way. Course for wanting to be very consisdent when bracket racing it has to help shifting at the same rpm every run. Ron