Originally Posted By hemicar1971
I kept hearing the old orders were being taken care of but looks like that is not true. I talked to one person that just ordered from the new owners and that is why I asked about who you guys bought your blocks from. Will see when the block comes in or even if it does. I know the manufacturing of some of the block parts had slowed everything down to a stop. I hear most of the problems come from the old way KB does business and that must be dealt with and has taken much longer than expected because of the distance of keeping a eye on the KB Business and running your existing Business. I can see if it does not work with some of the people in the process of getting these block built then those people need to be eliminated before this thing falls completely apart. It will take time to get new people involve in the manufacturing of parts for the blocks. I would say this will take time and has taken quite a long time looking at what everyone has said.

My understanding is most if not all the old orders have blocks. When the new owners took over all the blocks were in various stages of completion with sleeves and main caps being the two biggest problems. The new owners ordered all the required sleeves and that part got done but getting main caps machined and installed became an obstacle. Particularly the #5 main cap. This is why all the blocks were put on a truck and sent to Michigan to get this last step done.

1967 Coronet, 1989 Daytona tube chassis. Former cars, 66 Charger, 67 R/T, 69 Coronet, 67 Dart GT. -Banned for life from V8Buick.com-