Originally Posted By sasquatch
OK
Consider this an an open invitation.
I will begin collecting names and phone numbers/emails for people interested in a R3 style small block in aluminum. Today is the Starting day of April 20. I will collect data only for 6 months. NO money or deposits or any commitments other than it will be looked at. Show me the customers and I will keep track of it.I know that there is almost zero chance of the R3 coming back in iron from Mopar. SO what are the SB guys going to do? Can we sell 100 a year? 200? Most guys (not all) that run SB dodges are in the slower bracket classes. Are there 200 plus guys a year ready to pony up the scratch? Lets find out. IF you are serious, you can email or PM me here (no phone calls on this please) and I will keep an accurate count. Spread the word to any and all that are interested, I am easy to find.

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, I was jsut curious is all.

Although I can't see myself buying a KB block, I agree that it is a GREAT THING that this American ICON was saved.

As far as the order of the blocks shipping. YES the majority of blocks that are back ordered (including mine) will be shipped as soon as possible. However, if the first 40 to 50 blocks out the door were resulting in zero cash flow, no one on the planet would invest in that business.Had this gone into a Chapter filing and gone through the court system, most if not all of the people in line would have gotten jack diddly bubkis. Happens every day in this country.
The new ownership, being interested in saving this company and its storied past, said making things right with these customers was the right thing to do and would do more to generate good will and restore faith in the product. This very easily could have been buy the company, turn off the lights and liquidate all the assets. Party over, good night and another American icon and business hits the scrap heap. I personally am grateful that Darren saw fit to fetch it out of the scrap pile and return it to its former self. Just like car guys, take a rusted out piece of scrap and turn it back to it former glory. But just like restoring a car there will be snags and setbacks. Give it a chance. Making blocks is not that easy. Making great blocks is even harder.
Todd

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, I was just curious. I, too think it's a GREAT THING that this American ICON has been saved.

Last edited by cudadoug; 04/21/17 08:16 PM.